Thunderbeard Outdoor Restoration Organization is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) environmental volunteer outfit based in the American West. We are a passionate team of outdoor enthusiasts who vigorously protect the places we love to visit. Our projects include research missions and cleanup events that aim to restore the areas we target to pristine natural condition, as if the next person to arrive was the first person there. We pride ourselves first and foremost on our ability to access deep wilderness over difficult terrain. The relationships we have developed include experts in whitewater navigation, deep water diving, slot canyon abseiling, overland offroad navigation, and global logistics. Thunderbeard knows that the hardest places to reach on this planet are in many cases the most fragile, rare, and important, and we aim to defend them.
Analysis. Access. Action.
- Removal of decades old climbing gear from the vast canyon network of Central Arizona.
- Protection and restoration of damaged coral reef systems globally.
- Destruction of dangerous monofilament line and rusted hooks along national rivers and streams.
- Restoration of protected beach parks along the American coastline.
- Removal of garbage and detritus from the Central Arizona Project waterways and reservoir system.
- Outreach programs and research sharing missions to develop sustainable park and trail management plans across the Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico.
- Development and support of environmental action plans to defend apex predators and primates.
- Analysis and monitoring of conditions related to environmental disasters such as the Gold King Mine, or Deepwater Horizon toxic spills.
- Partnerships with like-minded organizations and outfitters across the globe to accomplish our goals.